3 Major Benefits of Avocado
There is a common confusion about the fat content of avocado. Many people think that avocado is a very fatty meal and try to avoid it. However, the recent research from Loma Linda University published in Nutrition Journal shows the opposite.
Let’s see what are health benefits of avocado:
Avocado reduces risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol
- Fats contained in avocado are unsaturated fats, which are actually lower blood cholesterol and not raising it.
- Replacing carbohydrates with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats lead to a decrease in “bad cholesterol” and an increase in “good cholesterol.”
- As a result, it can reduce a risk of heart disease and blood clotting.
Avocado keeps blood sugar steady
- Eating half an avocado with lunch, make you fell full longer with less of a desire to eat more lately.
- No rise in blood sugar levels is beneficial in the maintenance of healthy weight
- Its soluble fiber helps stabilize blood sugar levels, which prevents elevations of hormone insulin and helps fighting insulin resistance
Avocado lowers a risk of cancer
- Healthy monounsaturated fats help your body in absorbing antioxidants, which are considered as anticancer substances
Weight Loss Help
- Add avocado to your sandwich. Use Ezekiel bread which has Low Glycemic Index
- Add avocado to your salads
- Spread avocado over other vegetables: cucumber, raw carrot, tomato, lettuce leaves
- Spread avocado over cooked chicken breast or fish
Get the recipe for this simple, easy to make, healthy and delicious Avocado Salad