Almonds as a Nutritional Treasure
Almonds are one of the most nutritious among all nuts.
- The fat in almonds is unsaturated, “good” fat
- Contain calcium and magnesium – for strong bones
- Rich in protein and fiber
- Vitamin E, B2, phosphorus, copper, iron, zinc
- Compounds called phytochemicals, help to prevent cardiovascular disease and cancer.
- Lower blood cholesterol level
- Almond skin contains 30 different antioxidant compounds (so buy the whole natural ones with the skin for a snack, or to add them to your meal or cooking)
Weight Loss Help
- The Glycemic Index of almonds is only 15, therefore they help to lose weight
- Add chopped almonds to muesli or Low Glycemic Index carb breakfast
- Top fruit, yogurt or oatmeal with chopped almonds.
- Bake healthy mini muffins or pancakes, using almond meal instead of white flour.
Try this Low GI Recipe: