Have you ever considered keeping a Success Journal? If you did, do you have it? Are you documenting and keeping track of your achievements on a daily basis?
If you haven’t done so yet, this is a perfect time to start!
All my students know that ‘Success Journal’ is my favorite topic 😉
Where to start?
First, purchase a fancy journal. Choose your favorite color, favorite shape, and appealing textured cover. You will be using it daily, so you should love your success journal and enjoy holding it in your hands.
Then, every night, before going to bed, get your success journal and write down your five key achievements for that day. It does not matter how big they are. Perhaps, you started applying for a postgraduate degree, or simply sending an email to a friend. The important thing is to honor yourself, to recognize those tiny but important steps in your Self Growing process.
If you have a clear goal in mind, coordinate your achievements with your goal. For example, if you are working on reducing some weight, concentrate on those achievements first:
- I’ve read the article about five healthy foods
- I ate grilled chicken and a fresh salad for dinner
- I did not eat donuts offered at the staff meeting this morning
- I took a half-hour walk in the evening
- I cooked whole grain pasta with vegetables for tomorrow’s lunch.
Sometimes you don’t have five achievements related to your goal. In that case, start with related achievements and add any other unrelated ones. They are still yours, so give yourself some credit:
- I ate whole grain pasta with vegetables for lunch.
- I declined to go out for pizza, so I ate healthier food and saved money
- I took my kids out for an evening walk, and we had a great time together
- I finally called my mother- in- law, and even stayed calm during that conversation
- I’ve read “Men Are from Mars Women Are from Venus” by John Gray, to improve my relationships
You’ll be amazed how keeping a success journal will motivate you and influence your thinking and your behavior. You will start noticing positive things about yourself, you’ll start appreciating the great moments in your life, and you’ll DO much more every day.