For the first time in my life, I cooked a Spaghetti squash and surprisingly, found it pretty delish 🙂 The Glycemic Index of Spaghetti squash is very low (<20), it is high in folic acid, potassium, Vitamin A, and beta carotene.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. I think this is a most challenging part because its peel is very hard!
- Scoop out the seeds
- Place flesh-side-down on a baking sheet
- Cook for 40 – 45 minutes on 375*F (170*C)
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Using a fork, scrape the insides of the squash until entirely emptied. Flash is very thin and comes out easily.
You can add it to a salad, make a casserole, or eat with meat or fish as a side dish.
Please do not mix up a Spaghetti Squash with a Butter Squash! Butter squash has high Glycemic Index of 65 and not good for our weight loss purpose.