Fish Cakes with Tzatziki Sauce
Fish Patties with Tzatziki Sauce
FISH PATTIES is a light and nutritional meal. You can have them for lunch or for dinner, as an appetizer or an entree.
- 2-pound ground fish (I use Pollock)
- ½ pound farmer cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- Oil olive for cooking
- Mix all the ingredients and keep in a refrigerator to blend for 1 hour.
- Make medium size patties and cook them in olive oil on a preheated skillet for a couple of minutes from each side.
- Transfer to a baking dish and cook in a 390*F (180*C) oven for another 15-20 minutes.
For Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 pound plain Greek yogurt 0% fat
- 1 English cucumber finely grated
- 1 tbsp Apple vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup minced fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grate the cucumber and squeeze the liquid well, using a sieve
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Keep in the refrigerator for a few hours for the flavors to blend. You can also make it a night ahead.
Weight Loss Help
- This meal is carbs free
- Fish oil and olive are unsaturated fats, which are very good for your health
- As a side dish, you can have any fresh salad or cooked vegetables. Best choice in terms of weight loss and good taste would be:
- Green beans