Healthy Modified Traditional Hanukkah Meal
Traditional potatoes replaced in this recipe with Low Glycemic Index zucchini. Enjoy these Zucchini Latkes to lose weigh!
- 3 grated zucchini
- ½ cup of 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- About 2/3 cup of oatmeal flour (to get a “sour cream texture”)
Grate zucchini on a big grater, press them a little bit to remove a juice.
Add all other ingredients and stir well. Let mixture stand for at least 30 minutes. You can also keep the batter in a refrigerator up to 6-8 hours and cook latkes later.
Preheat a pan on medium heat. Take one tablespoon of the batter and cook it on the olive oil for about 1-2 minutes each side.
Weight Loss Help
- The recipe based on Low Glycemic Index carbohydrates and doesn’t contain saturated fats.
- Do not eat Zucchini Latkes with sour cream or butter.
- Serve them warm with 0% Greek yogurt (if desired), or just as they are.
And…they are simply delicious!
Click here for more Low GI recipes
Click here for articles on Weight Loss Mindset
Click here for Healthiest Foods to Eat