Taste of Thoughts® Sprouted Flour Dough
This dough can be a base for Pirozhki, Belyashi, and other similar meals.
- 3 cups warm water
- ½ cup dry milk (optional)
- 1 tsp fructose
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 bag 5/16 oz. (8.75g) active dry yeast for whole grain flour
- 7 cups Wheat Sprouted Flour
- Combine 1/3 cup of warm water, yeast and fructose. Set aside in a warm place until bubbles appear on the surface (about 20 minutes).
- Mix all the dough ingredients together, and start kneading the dough. At the beginning it is sticky, so dust your hands with a little bit of flour periodically. You may also wet hands with olive oil, to avoid stickiness. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic
- Cover with a cloth and let it stand in a warm room temperature for 4-5 hours, or overnight
- By then, the dough should be doubled in size. Knead it again lightly, cover, and leave for a second rise for an hour or two.
- After making pirozhki or belyashi, you’ll leave it for a third rise for about 30 minutes
- This amount is enough for 22-25 pieces
- If you don’t use it at once, simply freeze the rest. All you need to do for a next time is unfreeze it in warm room temperature for several hours.
Find the recipe and watch the video here: