Have you heard that “Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus”? Yes, they certainly are 🙂 And this in not just about a physical, mental and physiological difference, but also about nutritional needs and general health.
Some foods help prevent prostate cancer and oxidative damage, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes, lower LDL cholesterol level (the bad one) and increasing HDL (the good) cholesterol, help in maintaining muscle mass or critical for strengthening an immune system.
I came with the list of several disease-preventing and disease-fighting foods that can improve men’s health. Some foods are not very popular among them, and those foods men should choose more often.
* Provide healthy fat, omega-3 fatty acids. These polyunsaturated fats can benefit the heart, circulation, immune system and reduce the risk for prostate cancer.
*The fattier fish, the healthier it is. Choose fatty fish: salmon, sardines, tuna, mackerel, and herring.
*Fatty fish is also a good source of vitamin D, a nutrient that helps prevent cancer, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and bone disease.
Oysters and Other Shellfish
- Supply of the antioxidant mineral zinc that may protect against prostate cancer, enhance sexual functioning and sperm production.
* Generally, all vegetables should be consumed regularly, and broccoli is on the top of the list. It helps to prevent heart disease, prostate, and colon cancer.
* It’s enriched with vitamin C, beta-carotene, and potassium.
- Helps decrease systolic (top number) blood pressure and improve vascular circulation.
- A good source of vitamin C, folate, potassium, and Vitamin K.
- Helps control a blood sugar level preventing type-2 diabetes, and decrease triglycerides and LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- Read more about this super spice and how to benefit from it here: Cinnamon Health Benefits
- Contain high amounts of antioxidants that are fighting free radicals.
- Free radicals damage body cells, and that damage is known as the primary reasons of cancer.
These are my father’s favorite, and I am so glad he likes them!
- In fact, the seeds are the most nutritious part of the pumpkin.
- They provide mineral support with phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc.
- Vitamin E makes them a powerful antioxidant. Contribute to preventing diabetes and some types of cancer.
Certainly, it is not about one single food consumed occasionally, which can resolve all issues. It is about a healthy lifestyle, about regular consuming a healthy nutritional food.