Health Benefits of Cinnamon Spice
Health benefits of cinnamon are known for centuries. Cinnamon spice is tasty and can help improve general health, fight infections, and stresses. Though it cannot be considered as a substitute for a proper diet and medications prescribed, cinnamon can control blood sugar, reduce triglycerides, LDL (bad) cholesterol, and total cholesterol levels. Best of all, cinnamon is a proven spice for enhancing metabolism. 😉
Health Benefits of Cinnamon:
- Controlling a blood sugar and insulin levels helps in reducing weight
- Supports digestive functions
- Relieves pain and reduces inflammation of muscles and joints
- Helps to prevent urinary tract infections, tooth decay, and gum disease
- Cinnamon aroma boosts cognitive processing and stimulates brain function
- Relieves menstrual discomfort
- Stimulates circulation
- Good source of calcium and fiber
Weight Loss Help
- Sprinkle powdered cinnamon on oatmeal or muesli
- Add cinnamon when cook oatmeal crepes, pancakes, or mini-muffins
- Cook apples, pears, plums and other fruits with cinnamon
- Mix cinnamon into yogurt or cream cheese
- Place cinnamon stick into your hot tea, coffee, or cocoa
To benefit from cinnamon, use ½ teaspoon of cinnamon daily.
Please note that eating it dry may cause to some side effects.
The best way to use cinnamon is to mix it with food or drinks.